Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Financial Freedom & Residual Income: What It Has Meant To Me....

I wanted to share a story that will show you what financial freedom and residual income can mean to you when you truly have it.



The Wednesday before Mother's Day weekend, I was driving home from the gym and I remembered that Christmas was the last time I visited my mom. My mom lives about six hours from me ( Sacramento, CA where I stay for my business and eight hours from my residence in Reno, NV), so I don't get up there all the time.




I decided (on a whim) to drive up to my mom's house and surprise her for Mother's Day weekend.  I drove home, packed my stuff, and got on the road.  My mom was surprised and appreciated that I showed up.

My parents live on an ocean cliff in Northern California and it's beautiful there, however, I haven't really appreciated it (because there is nothing to do up there). Now that I am my past 40, I guess things are slowing down and I am appreciating the "quiet" a little more.

So, the point is "on a whim" I decided to go visit my mom and since I have financial freedom and a residual income, I can do that. I have the money and the time to do what I want when I want.  You have to understand that I have been essentially living this way for over eight years and I sometimes forget what most people have to do to plan a trip like this.

My point doesn't stop there.  After being there for about six days, I was at the point in my trip where I HAD planned to go home, but I ended up staying another week...then another week.  Four days turned into three weeks.  I stayed there, because I felt like it.

Now, back to my point of forgetting what most people have to do when planning a trip like this....several friends asked: "Where have you been?" I told them and their response was: "It must be nice to have the luxury of staying as long as you want."  This is a reminder of how awesome financial freedom and residual income is and how I need to appreciate it.  I did work for it years ago. I worked hard, but that I still should be grateful for what I have.

I wanted to share that story, because if you are considering taking control of your life and getting financial freedom, then let this story be a "motivator" and credibility that financial freedom isn't a "pipe-dream" or something you see on the internet or on "cheesy" commercials after midnight.

If you are are looking to develop a residual income and financial freedom, download my eBook. It will give you some ideas on what skills you need to develop and how to learn them.

No comments: